Embark on an epic journey around the world and discover the secrets behind some of the most exquisite and unique trunks created by Louis Vuitton for explorers, magicians, movie stars, maharajas ….
Adapted from the book Louis Vuitton: 100 Legendary Trunks and packed with videos, sound clips, unpublished texts and documents, this application brings together the finest cases, boxes and other trunks crafted by Louis Vuitton, from 1854 to the present day. These exceptional pieces bear witness as much to the elegant art of travel as to the passionate adventures of their owners.
Louis Vuitton’s luggage creations have been taken aboard mythical trains and transatlantic ocean liners, automobiles and the world’s first airplanes, crossing borders and withstanding the test of time, accompanying adventurers, trend-setters, crowned heads of state, artists and pleasure-seekers of all kinds, from Savorgnan de Brazza to Sharon Stone, Ernest Hemingway to Queen Elizabeth II, and Jeanne Lanvin to Takashi Murakami.
Take full advantage of the interactive possibilities offered by the iPad and explore a reference content for hours of browsing pleasure, 100 emblematic trunks each with its own story to tell, more than 1,000 illustrations and unpublished documents, 40 videos and sound clips, 360-degree views of 10 very special trunks, texts available in four languages (French, English, Simplified Chinese and Japanese) and social sharing via e-mail, Twitter or Facebook
Louis Vuitton 100 Legendary Trunks iPad app can be browsed in six ways:
- chronological presentation of the trunks placed in the context of world history
- completely immersive and easy-to-use panorama of trunks
- portrait gallery of famous travelers, past and present
- random journey of discovery, exploring trunks and incredible places
- section entirely dedicated to the art and craftsmanship of the trunk-maker
- treasure trunk showcasing the application’s latest additions as they are released: new multimedia content and unpublished materials
Louis Vuitton 100 Legendary Trunks for iPad is available on the iTunes App Store for US$18.99.
Images via Louis Vuitton