Louis Vuitton focuses on essentials with this Tambour which offers a unique countdown. The Tambour LV Cup Automatic Countdown gives a majestic place to the art of the regatta.
Its two push buttons placed opposite the crown activate a 5-minute countdown, whose first 4 minutes tick by through on a large window at 12 o’clock while the last minute, the fateful one, is displayed in red at 6 o’clock. A genuine show on a navy blue dial split in two by the illustration of the starting line between 9 and 3 o’clock.
An instrument which is easy to handle while going one step further, borrowing the flyback system from the chronographs. In case of a false start, the countdown can be stopped and instantly started again – essential! An iconic model of the LV Cup range, streamlined, elegant and modern with among others slender index and numerals.
The Tambour LV Cup Automatic Countdown will be available June 2012 in Louis Vuitton stores.
Louis Vuitton Tambour LV Cup Automatic Countdown technical details:
• Extra large Tambour (44 mm)
• Steel case with push buttons and crown overmolded in black natural rubber
• Navy blue sunray dial with the LV Cup logo
• Navy blue alligator strap and a second strap in natural rubber provided with the watch
• Watertight to 100 meters
• Anti-reflective sapphire glass and sapphire base revealing the oscillating weight
• Functions: Regatta with a 5-minute countdown and flyback system
• Self-winding Dubois-Depraz movement, LV 138 calibre
• 42-hr power reserve
Images via Louis Vuitton